Monday, March 3, 2008

Zopf and Nutella

On Saturday morning ZDG filled out an apartment application and dropped it off at die Post. While he was in the town center he stopped by the bakery and picked up a medium sized Zopf. Zopf is available usually on Fridays and Saturdays and it is a braided loaf made with butter, milk, or cream. It's not quite as eggy as challah. It comes in many sizes and ZDG picked up a medium loaf.

By Sunday morning, this was how much was left:



We've been here 7.5 weeks and I've been resisting the Nutella, but when ZDG brought the loaf home on Saturday morning I could no longer resist and I picked up some Nutella Saturday afternoon when I was by the store. Sunday morning ZDG and I had Zopf with Nutella for breakfast. For some reason LGG was not interested in the Nutella even though it contained chocolate. She keeps insisting that she only likes walnuts. Oh well, more Nutella for me. Which ZDG has placed on a very high shelf in the closet.

1 comment:

loloreen said...

I've been hooked on Nutella since our Italy adventure...what's not to like? Chocolate and hazelnuts...yummy! And, it's now available at Raley's! Did you see the video of the jet trying to land during your wind storm?