Friday, August 29, 2008

Robot Puzzle Pieces

Last night Little Girl Geek completed her first 100 piece puzzle (with a little coaching from mom and dad).  She had received it for her birthday and after a frustrated first attempt it was put away until last night.  It was a little slow near the end because every time she came across a piece that looked like this:


she would say in a robot voice "I am a robot puzzle piece."  Don't you see the antenna on top of its head and the two ears?  Sound familiar?  It's her version of "I am a robot king.  I am a monkey thing" from the movie Madagascar.  Eventually the puzzle was completed. 


It's been a lovely week with regards to the weather.  On Wednesday afternoon LGG and I went down to the Werdinsel to play in the fountain/pool there.  We're hoping the pools or lake will be warm enough to get one last outdoor water play day this weekend.  (I think all of the outdoor bathing areas close on September 5).

However, fall is definitely on its way.  The tree outside our apartment is already starting to turn yellow.


Edited to add:  The pools/beaches close on September 7 or 15 depending on location.

1 comment:

MW said...

I'll be there in less than a week. Sounds like I'll just barely get to see summer out the door!