Monday, April 14, 2008

Easter Monday at Mt. Rigi

Auntie Geek was keen on sledding on Mt. Rigi, so on Easter Monday we decided to hit the slopes. This time we decided that going straight to the mountain would give us a better chance of having pretty mountain views and also give us a chance to get several runs in before it became icy (and scary).

Fortunately for me, the sledding trail that we used last time was closed, so this time we used the kinder and more gentler sledding trail. I still claimed to believe I was going to die to entertain LGG, but I knew I would survive. We ended up going on one run before lunch and then two quick runs after lunch. Normally I am the "rate-limiting sledder", but if I'm worried about missing a train I can sled pretty darn fast.

At lunchtime we were introduced to a hearty Swiss dish, Aelpermargronen. Imagine elbow macroni mixed with potatoes, cream, and cheese and topped with carmelized onions. Served with a side of applesauce.

We didn't take as many action shots this time, but here are some photos at the bottom of the hill:



The next day we learned that the sledding runs had been closed for the season, so we were happy that we hadn't waited any longer.

No comments: