Monday, November 24, 2008

Don't touch the switch!

Apologies to anyone who is using Google Reader (or equivalent program) and got to see the very early draft version of this post.  Anyways, now that I'm frustrated that I lost my post, I'm just going to make it short and sweet.

Swiss Appliance lesson of the day.  Don't turn on/off unknown switches.  After the refrigerator and freezer were serviced back in September, I noticed that the switch on the left in the photo below was off.  So I turned it on.


And then we entered into the ice age in our freezer.  It turns out that switch is only to be turned on for the first 30 minutes when you turn on the refrigerator.  Oops.  Oh well, all is better now and since it's been so cold recently I decided to take advantage of the cold balcony and defrost the beast.

No comments: