Tuesday, February 24, 2009

She did it!

Okay, so I looked up the distances according to Google Maps.  From Little Geek Girl's Kindergarten it's a 1/4 mile walk on a not very busy street, then she needs to go down a hill next to a busy street for 328 ft, and then cross a busy street and continue on 180 ft to our building.

It really isn't very far, but it's still a little worrisome to have your child walk by themselves the first time.  But apparently she's more ready than I am.

Morning class ends and I'm in the kitchen looking out the window.  By 15 minutes after class gets out I get a little impatient, so I head downstairs.  By the time I get outside I can see she's heading down the hill.  I cross the street and meet her at her side of the crosswalk.

This afternoon she was not as slow.  About 10 minutes after the end of class I saw her at the top of the hill.  By the time I got to my side of the crosswalk, she was on her side of the crosswalk.

No comments: