Friday, March 27, 2009

Some of our favorite things to eat in Zürich

On Wednesday, we happened to have lunch and dinner at a couple of our favorite haunts. Little Geek Girl doesn't like cigarette smoke (and who can blame her) so that limits the number of places we go out to eat.

For lunch, she was insistent on going to Nimmi's, an Indian and Sri Lankan place, for rice and mango juice. Nimmi's is located at Josefstrasse 137, 8005 Zürich. I think I found this place mentioned on English Forum, and then when I read this review, I knew we had to try it.

Kottu Rotti with lamb:


and Iddiyappam veggie plate:


Note: The kottu rotti, veggie plate, a plate of plain rice, three drinks, a lollipop and tip came the grand total of CHF 40.

The other place that we go to that is very touristy, but the food is good and they have a non-smoking section is the Zeughauskeller. I had still not yet had my very own wienerschnitzel, so I decided to order the small wienerschnitzel plate with veggies. Check out how "small" it is:


Underneath the schnitzel is some fennel and you can see green beans, carrots, spinach, potatoes au gratin and under the lemon are some peppers. Yum.

No comments: