Friday, July 18, 2008

Our funny LGG

The Geeks are slowly improving from the latest round of colds, and this evening LGG and ZMG went for a walk.  While they were out, I realized I had to return to work, and we arranged to meet at a cafe near there and come home together.  We missed the direct bus -- too much fun talking with some of my work friends at the cafe -- and took another bus partway, then got out to walk.

LGG almost immediately started whining about being tired, even though she had been dancing about at the cafe not five minutes earlier.  We basically ignored it and continued walking, with her holding my hand, when she spoke Gem #1:
"I don't want to walk, I'm too tired, I've got no ener--ooo, I want to climb those rocks and the tree!"
and she yanked her hand out of mine and sprinted off to do just that.  Good to know you're on your last legs, dear.

A few minutes later, we passed a playground at the elementary school just up the hill.  We were strolling along, listening to her whine about being tired, and out came Gem #2:
"I'm soooo tired.  I'm too tired to walk!"

[pass playground, very next breath]

"I want to go to the playground!"

"LGG, you just told us you were soooo tired!"

[voice used when talking to a very dumb person]

"Too tired to walk, Dada, not too tired for a playground!"
Well, duh, I guess.  This is the same kind of logic that she uses when she wants a dessert even though she has just finished telling us she's not hungry anymore: "My dinner stomach is full, Dada, but not my treat stomach!"  (She gets that from her Auntie Geek.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, everyone knows that there's a separate dessert stomach for treats!

Anonymous said...

But of course! Separate tanks of energy too! One for walking and one for play!