Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Four to a Box

Before we even moved here I had learned about Luxemburgerli -- the scrumptious mini macarons. The first weekend we were here, Zürich Daddy Geek purchased a small box. He said that was the smallest box available. The smallest box holds about 12 and while Auntie Geek was here, we worked our way through all of the flavors, three at time, for the four of us.

Now, Little Geek Girl would happily eat four Luxemburgerli at a single sitting and for special occasions it's okay for the rest of us. However, I'm trying to exercise moderation these days. I haven't gained the expat 15 lbs (we live in the land of cheese and chocolate, you know), but I think I have some pounds that would not be missed, so I'm starting with portion control rather than eliminating any particular foods.

Yesterday we stopped off at Sprüngli to pick up some chocolate for some friends we're meeting in Lugano and of course LGG was eager to have some Luxemburgerli. I decided to ask if it was possible to purchase only a few, and hooray, there is now a box that holds just four perfectly. LGG lucked out and was offered one for the road, so she had a chocolate in the store and two for home, I picked a pistachio for ZDG, and for me, the flavor of the month, Bailey's. Yum. I also picked up another cookie for each of us. See, that's kind of moderation, right?

1 comment:

MW said...

Mmmm, Bailey's! I will have to get in there to try that. My first Luxemburgerli experience was almost exactly a year ago, when we were just visiting, and I was wandering on my own our first day here. I asked if I could purchase just a few and they put three in a paper baggie for me, a nice introduction!