Monday, December 8, 2008

An afternoon out

Well, someone must have listening to my complaining, because about a week and a half ago I found out about a performance of "A Little Princess" and the bonus was that it was performed in English! The tickets were 20 CHF for kids and 40 CHF for adults, but adult tickets were half-priced if you baked something for the refreshment table. You can guess what I did.

Little Geek Girl still fits her Christmas dress from last year and decided to wear it to the performance. Here we are before leaving for the show:


Did I mention she's a tiger?


LGG did a great job. We got there early to get seats (end of the front row) and had to wait a little bit, but she was very good. During the performance she seemed tired (leaning into me) but she was paying attention the whole time. During the "pause" I thought it would be kind of funny to pay for my own cake, so I purchased a cupcake and cookie instead. Actually, my cake had a role in the performance -- when Sarah took cake out to share with Ermengard and Becky she pulled out some slices of my cake.

We've been able to download the text of A Little Princess and now we're reading it for our bedtime book. LGG is a little disappointed that there are no pictures, but we just remember the scenes from the play.

No comments: