Monday, December 8, 2008

Better than a check...

Today the buzzer rang. I answered. Someone said "blah blah blah blah". Okay, they said it in German and I wasn't concentrating. I know I shouldn't have, but I just buzzed them in because I thought it might be the heating oil guy. But they didn't come inside, so I went downstairs to look.

It was the postman and he had something for me. He said something about 90 CHF. Who sent us something that required 90 CHF duty? No, he had 90 CHF for us. I needed to sign something. And then I asked him "Was machen wir jetzt?" Oh, he gives us the cash. 90 CHF refund on our nebenkosten (Every month we pay a fixed amount for things like heating, etc. At the end of the year they determine how much we actually use and you either have to pay the difference or get a credit). Woo hoo, this means we can go another day before visiting the ATM!

No comments: