Sunday, June 29, 2008

Live from Utrecht, It's Sunday Night

I'm on the road this week, adding another country to my life list: The Netherlands. Right now, I'm in my hotel room in Utrecht, a large-ish university town about 25 km from Amsterdam, and it's a late Sunday evening.

Random observations gathered from Schipol airport and the trip here... This area is really, really flat. Yes, I have seen a stereotypical Dutch windmill. They sell tulips in bags in the airport. Dutch has an amazing number of vowels and reminds me of a strong mix of English and German; no doubt someone will point out the links between English, Dutch, and German...

Note: Spain has just won the Euro 2008 1-0 over Germany. BBC says this is the first major championship Spain has won since 1964. I'm sure it's noisy back home, as we have several neighbors who have been rooting for Spain...

And now off to bed. Cheers.

No comments: