Wednesday, June 18, 2008

We don't get a lot of notice...

A couple of examples of being given short notice by the school system:

LGG's kindergarten teacher has noticed that LGG's fine motor skills are not quite where they should be, so with our agreement, she requested the school doctor evaluate her fine motor skills.  On Monday (ie two days ago), we received an "invitation" (Anmeldung) to visit the school doctor.  We could call and reschedule, but with the end of school approaching we thought that it was not a good idea to try and reschedule.  I guess there's a reason I check the mail every day.

This morning LGG came home with a flyer announcing that the class was going to the zoo tomorrow, and rather than the usual 8:20 am to 11:50 day, they would be in school from 10 am to around 3 pm.  We need to pack her a snack, lunch, and drink in a rucksack for her and fortunately we still have her preschool backpack from CO.  

What will I do with myself?  Originally I was going to run to IKEA in the morning to get more hangers, but now I have a lunch without LGG.  We'll have to see if there's a lunch date with ZDG or it's me and the meatballs.

No comments: