Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Kindercity in Volketswil

I think our posts are going to be out of order chronologically for a while since ZDG is in Iceland, so I'm going to go ahead and post about yesterday and get to Italy when I get a chance.

On Monday we joined friends for a birthday celebration at Kindercity.  Kindercity is a science center for kids located in Volketswil.  I'm glad I went with German speakers because there were too many options for entrance packages.  We went with the "knowledge lane" and movie.  Since we were there with some younger kids we started off in "insect lane".  There were lots of sensory things for the kids to do.  LGG spent most of the time playing with a water feature, rearranging boards to create dams and then opening them to let balls and water flow through.  We then went up to the rooftop terrace for cake and jumping on the trampolines.  There was an overpriced train ride and I dragged LGG back downstairs to the "expedition lane" before she could ask for a bungee jump ride.  The expedition lane was for older kids and had exhibits about the human body, energy, and communication.  We were able to spend only a little time there because the movie was going to start soon.

We saw Chronicles of Narnia:  Prince Caspian.  It was in German, which in a way was a good thing because it meant I wouldn't have to explain all of the dialogue to LGG.  There were only two groups in the theater and the other group was many rows behind us so I didn't feel too bad about whispering answers to LGG's questions.  She was especially fascinated by the centaurs and other magical creatures.  

This morning the first thing LGG said to me was "Can we go back to Kindercity?"  I said that it was a special occasion place and we would go back, just not today, and we would go earlier in the day so we could spend all day there.

No comments: