Saturday, August 2, 2008

Pedal Boats on the Zürichsee

I'm on holiday this week and most of next week (I might have to go in one day next week - I'm still not sure). Since the weather has been nice most days, and as LGG and I are both fish at heart, we've spent a lot of time near, on, in, and under the water the past week.

Last Sunday, as ZMG mentioned, we went down to the Zürichsee and rented a pedal boat (pedalos) for 25 CHF for an hour. It started off sort of sunny-ish with lots of clouds, and rapidly became gorgeous - we should have brought our swimsuits, but didn't. Oh well, at least we had the camera, so I can share some photos with you:


Me at the pedals, as we leave Utoquai. Clip-on Giraffe is there in the right foreground, and the giant ferris wheel we rode on the other night is behind me.


LGG liked her yellow and orange life vest, and really liked putting her feet in the water while I pedaled.


A view of downtown Zürich from the middle of the See. That's the Fraumünster with the greenish steeple and the St. Peterskirche right behind it (both on the left) and the Grossmünster on the right. The Quaibrücke is in the center, along with one of the many cruise boats and another pedal boat.




We pedaled across the See to Enge, where this lovely fountain shoots water into the air directly from the lake. It's a dancing fountain -- the various jets get shorter or taller at different times. Pretty, and refreshing to be caught in its spray on a warm Zürich day.

Did I mention we should have brought our swimsuits?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good pictures-we were on that ferris wheel a couple of weeks ago, now we're back in South Carolina. I hope you enjoy your time in CH!