Sunday, August 10, 2008

Transition Day

I returned from Italy last night and tomorrow ZDG goes to Iceland for field work.  He and LGG are at the pool this afternoon to give me a break so I can recover from my vacation.  They went on day trips every day and she wants to repeat them with me, but I don't think that's going to happen.

I'll post more on my trip later, but let me say that I would not recommend going to Italy in August unless you have to.  It was HOT, and a lot of the shops and restaurants were closed.  Time after time I ran into "closed for vacation" signs.  I managed to eat five gelati in my 50.5 hours and therefore walked a LOT to justify them.  

I don't have pictures from my adventures, but ZDG will be taking the camera to Iceland so you can look forward to some Iceland pictures when he gets back.

No comments: