Thursday, August 7, 2008

A Short One from LGG

So ZMG is now in Italy with one of her best friends for a couple of days, and I get to spend those days with LGG one-on-one.  We have a great time together - I've really been looking forward to this.

We'll post our adventures soon, but right now I just have time for this quick post.  I have the BBC World News on, and they just had a story about the Czech Republic and its relations with the EU.  To illustrate the lead-in, they had the EU flag and the Czech flag on the screen.  LGG glanced up from her milk (she was just finishing her dessert) and says, "Look, it's the Czech flag!"

I'm required now to pretend I'm not surprised, and just agree with her.  My mind's jaw, though, just dropped to the floor.  How on earth does LGG know the Czech flag...churn, churn, churn.

Oh, yeah, we had this little football tournament here in Switzerland recently, and one of the teams was the Czech Republic.  OK, so she had the occasion to see the flag a lot.  But she hasn't needed to use that knowledge up until now, and in one instant she can identify the flag.  She's scarily observant, our LGG.

More later - I have to go check her brushing of her teeth, another relatively recently acquired skill.

No comments: