Saturday, May 9, 2009

Nein, danke

We've been here four weeks and I haven't had any of the usual language difficulties I run into (of course it might help that we're in the country of my mother tongue rather than switching from German to Italian or French).  Except that tonight when the waitress came to take our check, I told her "Nein, danke.  We're not ready yet."  I didn't even know I said the first part, but Zürich Daddy Geek was nearby and heard me.

However, Little Geek Girl is learning Spanish in kindergarten, so when I find my big pile of notecards it will be time to make new notecards.

The movers came early and unloaded and assembled.  We took LGG to the doctor and she has a tickle in her throat that seems to be bothering her, but she probably makes it worse trying to get rid of it.  I had called my doctor earlier and she prescribed some cough syrup with codeine for me, so hopefully I'll sleep tonight.

No comments: