Friday, September 26, 2008

I don't want a new dishwasher today...

Zürich Daddy Geek thinks I'm strange because I don't like to use the dishwasher.  We don't have that many dishes, if you use the washer you end up having to shake the water out of them and wait for them to dry again, and if it's not too many, it's nice to just wash them by hand and get them all finished.

Well, last week when I was sick, ZDG decided to load up the dishwasher and attempt to run it.  Except that water started pouring out of it.  Water was not draining and we had to scoop the water out of the dishwasher.  So, the next day I called the Hauswart to let him know and he came by to take a look and said he would call the appliance people.  On Friday the appliance company called and luckily she spoke English and we scheduled an appointment for Tuesday afternoon.

On Tuesday, ZDG picks LGG up from morning class, feeds her lunch, and takes her back for afternoon class so I can take an exercise class.  However, this week, ZDG received a call at work from from the appliance guys to see if it was okay if he could come by late Tuesday morning.  He came late enough that I couldn't go to my exercise class.  Darn.  Anyways, he said that they would order a new dishwasher and it would probably be ready to install on Friday, today.

Well, it's Friday and I still haven't heard anything.  And I've made a date to meet a friend for coffee this afternoon.  But I still don't know if I'll get a phone call at some point saying they're ready to install the dishwasher.  And if I say no, I have plans, what will they do?  Or am I expected to cancel my plans?  

1 comment:

loloreen said...

Ahha! There IS something we have in common with Switzerland! Appliance repairpersons...are they all former Sears employees?? How I remember the days of taking a day off work to be "in residence" when the fabled Sears repairman would arrive aboard his mightly steed (truck) to deliver and install our new washer, dryer, dishwasher, whatever...Of course, he never showed on the appointed day and, when we finally managed to reschedule and I'd take yet another (unpaid) day off, it would be: 1. the wrong model 2. the part won't fit and the real one was on backorder 3. the new appliance didn't work....Any wonder Dear Yeh Yeh began installing all appliances? True, the results were sometimes equally as frustrating, but, at least, I didn't have to take a day off work...Smile!