Friday, September 12, 2008

We almost went to Paris.

Another busy week here in Zürich.  Actually, some of the hours drag on when I am left alone with Little Geek Girl and she insists that I play with her all of the time.  But when I'm alone it seems like the week has disappeared.  I wonder why that is?

Monday afternoon I tried to take LGG to the shoe store to buy new slippers (her last pair did not last very long) and new rain boots (since both pairs have started cracking).  However, we got sidelined by a playground and never made it to the store.  Tuesday morning Zürich Daddy Geek and I made a quick trip to IKEA to pick up some shelves and installed them while LGG was in afternoon class.  On the bus home we ran into neighbor girl's mom and made plans to go to the GZ (community center) later in the afternoon.  Part of the GZ playground was roped off for construction, but the girls still had fun and of course had ice cream.

ZDG has started evening German classes.  He goes twice a week on Mondays and Wednesdays from 6 to 7:50 pm.  I have German class on Wednesday nights from 8 to 9:50 pm.  That means on Wednesday evenings I have to get LGG and myself fed and then meet ZDG to hand her off.  I knew that there would be a concert at the square this past Wednesday so we went a little early to listen to music and play at the playground.

Yesterday we were supposed to babysit our friend's kids so she could go to parent information night, but her daughter was sick so it didn't happen.  So instead ZDG researched options for a long weekend trip, since it's supposed to be a rainy weekend and there's no school on Monday for Knabenschiessen--a marksmanship (ie rifles!) contest for kids aged 12 - 16.  We were very close to buying the tickets when LGG complained again about discomfort while peeing.  Oh yeah.  She might have a UTI.  Hmmmm...maybe we shouldn't go to Paris.  Instead we're going to the doctor this afternoon.  There's supposed to be pretty big carnival for Knabenschiessen, so if it's not too wet we'll go check it out.

And maybe I should do my German homework now before the weekend takes over our lives.

No comments: