Monday, September 1, 2008

Free Rubber Bands

I know that I can buy them in the store, but I don't want to have to.  The thick purple ones on the broccoli, the thin beige ones on the newspaper, the red ones attached to a flyer on the garage or front door.  We used to have a huge collection of rubber bands because I could never throw away a perfectly good rubber band.  And besides, Little Geek Girl would use them to play with her toys.

Here in Switzerland free rubber bands are not in abundance.  Heck, we have to *buy* string to bundle our recycling.  And we now have one rubber band in our household.  And LGG had claimed it.  We do have a collection of reusable clips to close up bags of food, but sometimes you just want a rubber band.  Every once in a while I'll reclaim the lone rubber band, but somehow it always migrates back to LGG's room.

2 comments:

Global Librarian said...

One of our trips to the US included the purchase of a ball of rubber bands from Office Depot. It was the first time I had ever purchased rubber bands.

Eventually you too will give in to the lure of the rubber band ball...

loloreen said...

I'm in the process of acquiring treasures for a September care package...I shall include rubber bands! What other small comforts can I enclose?...I'd be happy to make a run to Trader Joe's or Nugget market for non-persishable cravings...